Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lesson 15 Journal Entry

*** ***** Drive
Fairbanks, Alaska 99701

 December 5, 2011

 SFC Shed Winston
* **. *-** **, *-** ****
*** ********
APO, AE *****

 Dear SFC Winston:

 Thank you very much for the encouragement that you have shown me as I have worked to complete my education. Your insight and advice has helped me immensely in completing English F111X.

 With your constant praise and insight, I have graded well in every lesson and completed all of my journal entries for my newfound blog. Your support while you were home for your Rest and Relaxation was very helpful. You made it possible for me to focus as I started my first set of lessons. You accomplished this by watching the kids, running errands, and doing housework. Your support helped me find my rhythm so I would be able to continue on with my schooling once your leave ended.

 After you left to go back to your unit and finish your deployment, I was still able to focus on my work because of the praise and encouragement that you sent over the phone and internet. With this support I have made remarkable progress in my writing. I have used the inspirations of being an Army wife and the lessons that the both of us have learned in my essays and blogs. Your praise and reassurances have helped me boost my confidence and I have graded no less than an A on each assignment, including my research paper. 

 My gratitude will never be expressed enough to you. I know that I am extremely fortunate to have you as such a supportive and understanding husband. I hope that I continue to make you proud in my future accomplishments.

 Sincerely yours,
Tania Winston

 Tania Winston 

                                                Tania Winston
                                                *** ***** Drive
                                                Fairbanks, Ak 99701
                                                ***-***-****
                                                tdwinston@alaska.edu

Objective                                To report on my current accomplishments and future writing goals

Academic Writing Experience
Fall 2011                                 Introduction to Academic Writing, ENG F111X

·         “All You Need is Patience”: 500+ word essay describing a personal strength
·         “Average vs. Social Class”: 750+ word essay contrasting “I Just Wanna Be Average” by Mike Rose and “From Social Class and the Hidden Curriculum of Work” by Jean Anyon
·         “The Strength of Patience”: 3-page summary of the previous 500 word essay “All You Need is Patience”
·         “Discipline and the Child”: 750+ word argumentative essay on the merits of disciplining children
·         “Prisoner Privileges”: 1000+ word essay arguing whether or not prisoners should receive priviliges while incarcerated
·         “The Argumentative Cartoon”: 1000+ word essay  summarizing Joel Andreas’s cartoon “The War on Terrorism”
·         “The Increase Casualty Rate and the Types of Injuries Soldiers Face”: 500 summary on a visual element that would support thesis for research paper
·         “Social Class and the Economy”: 1000+ essay contrasting “Class in America—2003” by Gregory Mantsios and “Stephen Cruz” by Studs Terkel
·         “Strength, Bravery, and Perseverance”: 1750+ word research paper describing the difficulties soldiers face after becoming amputees and the ways they learn to overcome and have a better quality of life
·         Kept journal blog and completed all 15 lesson entries

Future Goals for Writing

Spring 2012- Degree Completion and Beyond

                                                ·         Complete and pass successfully English F200X

·         Complete and pass successfully a creative writing class

·         Possibly consider a journalism class

·         Write a book

No comments:

Post a Comment